When you sign in with your Microsoft account in Minecraft, you will see that there is a link https://aka.ms/remoteconnect. Then, under the link, there is a code that you have to use. You have to access the link using another device and then when you access the link, you will be brought to a page where you have to enter code. The code that you find in Minecraft under the aka.ms/remoteconnect link is the code that you have to enter there.
You will have to sign in using Microsoft account, using this link and also the codes if you want to cross-play in Minecraft such as on Nintendo Switch and Xbox One. You are able to see the steps to cross play below and you can see that entering code after accessing aka.ms/remoteconnect is one of the steps that you must do.
Setting Up Minecraft Cross Play For Xbox One
- First step is to access the Microsoft Store on Xbox One.
- Second, choose the Search title and type Minecraft.
- Here, you have to choose Minecraft from the available titles.
- You must download Minecraft for Xbox One.
- Finally, you can open Minecraft.
Setting Up Minecraft Cross Play For Nintendo Switch
- You need to access the Nintendo eShop and then go to the Search tab.
- There, you must search for Minecraft and then choose Minecraft from the available titles.
- You have to download Minecraft for Nintendo Switch.
- Now, you can open Minecraft and then choose Sign In For Free when prompted to sign into your Microsoft account.
- At this point, you have to access https://aka.ms/remoteconnect on your PC or mobile.
- There, you will have to enter the unique code displayed on-screen.
- Then, you have to sign into your Microsoft account. A confirmation screen will be shown and your Xbox Live profile will also appear on your Nintendo Switch shortly after.
- Now, you need to choose Let’s Play to complete the process.
How to Make Minecraft Cross Play Games
- From the main menu, you need to select Play.
- Select Create New under the Worlds tab and then select Create New World to begin a fresh game.
- In this step, you must go to the Multiplayer subsection and then check to see if multiplayer is enabled.
- Now, you have to choose Create if you are ready to play.
- So now, your Minecraft world will start and be open to other players.
How to Join Minecraft Cross Play Games
- If you want to join Minecraft Cross Play Games, you must choose Play from the main menu.
- After that, you have to press RB so that you can access the Friends tab on Xbox One. You can press R to be able to access the Friends tab on Nintendo Switch.
- Now, you have to choose an active game to join.
On Nintendo Switch, games will be sorted by Nintendo Switch friends, Xbox Live cross-platform friends, and joinable Realms. Do you want to try crossplay? You are able to do it now by following the steps above.