You are able to crossplay Minecraft and it will be very fun. Have you tried crossplaying? If not, you are able to start to play and here we will inform you how to be able to play Minecraft cross play on PS4 and Xbox.
You may know that Xbox Live is powered by a Microsoft account. So, you can connect your Xbox Live account to your PS version of Minecraft by following the steps below.
- First, you need to make sure that you have Minecraft on Playstation. You are able to buy it from Amazon or through PlayStation Store if you do not have it yet.
- Second, make sure that you have a Microsoft account as well. As explained earlier that Xbox Live account is powered by a Microsoft account so you will need it. If you do not have a Microsoft account, you can create one and it is free.
- Having an extra device is a must. Your PS4 will ask you to access a website from an external device such as a computer or phone to be able to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Then, you have to open Minecraft on your PS4 and you will sign in to your Microsoft account from within Minecraft.
- You have to choose Sign In For Free when you are prompted. After initial launch into the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft, there will be a message which pops up. It informs you of the advantage of connecting a Microsoft account to Minecraft.
- Then, you must access the displayed website. Minecraft will ask you to access https://aka.ms/remoteconnect on your computer or phone.
- After that, you must insert the code from Minecraft. You are able to look back at Minecraft and you will see a code underneath the URL. You have to enter this code on your device to permit access to your Microsoft account.
- Finally, you have to finish the process. You will see a new screen which will confirm that your Xbox Live profile is now connected to Minecraft. Now, you are able to reap the benefits of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on your PS4.
Now, you are able to play with your friends and family from any gaming platform that has Minecraft. There are three ways of doing this including creating a new world, joining a friend’s game or participating in a Realm.
If you set on creating a new world, to enable cross play is an easy thing. When you are on the creation screen, go to the Multiplayer tab under the default Game tab. Here you must ensure that the ‘multiplayer’ option is enabled. If you have done that and have created your world, you are able to invite people. If you set on joining a friend’s world, when you are in the Play menu, the tab to the right of the World tab is the Friends tab. This tab permits you to be able to see which friends who are now online and joinable. Here, you are able to choose a game that you want to join. Besides these two, the Bedrock Edition on PS4 also gets full support for servers and Realms. They are not there for release but they are promised that they will be added in a future update.