When you play Fortnite on your PC, does it work smoothly? Or, you may often find some problems that make you annoyed with it. Some players say that their Fortnite keeps crashing on their computer. This problem comes randomly and when it happens, they are not able to play the game. Do you have the same problems with them? How to fix it if this issue happens on your PC? Here, we have some solutions that you are able to try to implement to fix crashing issues on Fortnite.
The first solution of this problem is changing the graphics settings. You are able to try to lower resolution and then check again whether the game can work properly or not.
The next solution that you can try is to stop overclocking. Crashing issues on Fortnite can happen because of the increased CPU speed. If the problem comes up after you overclock your CPU, you are able to try to set the CPU clock speed back to the default to solve this problem. How to stop overclocking? You are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you need to restart your computer. When you see the logo of the manufacturer, you have to press F2 in time to enter BIOS. F2 or Del is the usual key that is used to access BIOS. However, it could be different on your computer so you have to refer to the message on the screen when you see the logo.
- Second, you have to go to the Advanced tab.
- Here, you have to find Performance and find the Overlocking option.
- You have to disable the Overclocking option and then save the changes. At last, exit BIOS.
Now, you can try to restart your computer and see if the Fortnite crashing issue still appears or not.
Another reason for the Fortnite crashing issue can also be because of an outdated or corrupted device driver. If the reason for the crashing issue on your Fortnite is this, then you can try to update and reinstall your device driver, especially the graphics card driver. How to do that? Follow the steps below to update the graphics card driver.
- First, you have to press Win + R to invoke the Run window. After that, you have to input devmgmt.msc in the box and then click OK to go to Device Manager.
- Second, you have to expand it by double clicking on Display Adapters.
- In this step, you have to right click your graphics card and choose Update driver. In the pop-up window, you have to select Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software. Then, you need to follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
If the available update is installed, you can restart your PC and launch Fortnite.
So, if you experience crashing issues on Fortnite, you are able to apply one of the methods above to fix it. You can start using the first method and then if it does not help you which means that it cannot fix the issue, you are able to try to use the second method and so on.