When you try to cross play Minecraft in Nintendo and Xbox One, one of the things that you have to do is to access aka.ms/remoteconnect on your PC or mobile. When you access this link, you will see that there is a space that you have to enter with a code. This link will appear after you connect to Microsoft account to crossplay Minecraft games on PS4.
Having a Microsoft account is optional in Minecraft. If you want to play Minecraft on PS4, you do not need to have it. Nevertheless, it is a free account and you are able to use it to sign in on a device and it will be able to permit you to play Minecraft on PS4 with other players on non PS4 devices such as Android, iOS, Switch, Xbox One, and Windows 10. If you have a Microsoft account, you will be enabled to the portability of your Marketplace (devices other than PS4) or Minecraft Store (PS4) purchases to other devices and platforms. So, since having a Microsoft account has some benefits, it will be better for you to have one.
As you know that in Minecraft, you are able to crossplay. It is a situation where you are permitted to play Minecraft remotely with people who use devices other than the one that you have. If you want to play Minecraft on Nintendo Switch, PS4 or any other non Microsoft device, it will require you to be able to create and sign in with a free Microsoft account so that you will be able to play against people on other devices.
In the steps of crossplaying, there is a moment where you have to go to aka.ms/remoteconnect. And then you have to enter the code. You can see where you can find this link in the steps to crossplay in PS4 below.
- The first step, you must access the Sony PlayStation store.
- Second, search for and download Minecraft for Playstation 4.
- If you have signed up for a basic Microsoft User account, go to the Minecraft home screen on your device and you will see an option to sign in.
- Then, you have to click on the link and it will take you to the remote connect page.
- The page will show your code which has 8 digits.
- You have to access https://aka.ms/remoteconnect on another Internet enabled device like your cell phone, MAC or PC. And then, you will see a screen saying that you have to enter code.
- Here, you need to enter your code, press next and then you have to follow the on screen instructions for completing the sign in process.
As you can see in the steps above that aka.ms/remoteconnect link appears after you sign in. The code that you have to enter there will appear during the process of enabling the crossplay. So, do not think that you have to enter the codes from other places. If you find that the aka.ms/remoteconnect site does not work, then you can try powering off your device for some minutes and then you can turn it back on. After that, try to set the Minecraft crossplay again.